If you want to connect the Toniebox to a Wi-Fi network without using the setup wizard, you can follow through this alternative connection process. Note: The following instructions only work with a web browser. You cannot use the mytonies app to complete this process.
To do this, follow these steps:
- Turn the Toniebox on and then pinch and hold both ears for about 5 seconds until the LED turns blue and you hear an audio tone.
- Wait ~20 seconds until you hear the second audio tone.
- Once you hear the second audio tone, go into the WiFi settings on your device and connect to the Toniebox WiFi network named 'Toniebox-####'.
- Wait a few seconds until the connection is fully established. You might receive a message saying 'This connection does not have access to the internet', choose to 'ignore' or 'continue anyway', as we will not need internet access for this step.
- Once the connection is successfully established, open a web browser on the same device and type in 192.168.1.1 in the address bar. Then, hit enter or go.
- This will take you to a Toniebox setup page asking to select the language of the Toniebox.
- Choose the language and then click 'Ok' to continue.
- Now, you will connect to your home 2.4GHz WiFi network. If your WiFi network is not already selected, you can click the dropdown arrow to view all nearby available WiFi connections. Click the name of your WiFi network and then enter your WiFi password. Once you have entered the correct password, click 'Connect Toniebox'.
- Please wait while the Toniebox establishes a connection with your WiFi. This may take a minute or two. You may also hear several audio chimes and the LED on the Toniebox will alternate between flashing blue and flashing green. No need to worry, this is normal!
- If the connection is successful, the LED on top of the Toniebox will turn solid green. Once the LED is solid green, you can then place a Tonie on the Toniebox to make sure everything is working normally.
If you run into any trouble, send us a message and we will be there to help!