Not only is it possible to fast-forward and rewind by just a few seconds, but you can also skip back and forth between tracks entirely.
To do this, tap (some users have lovingly referred to this as more of a 'whack', as some force is required) either side of the Toniebox.
If you would like, you can also take a look at our video below which demonstrates how to skip back and forth between tracks using the Toniebox:
Note: It's important to know that the Tonie's content must be fully downloaded before you can skip back and forth between tracks. When a Tonie is first placed on the Toniebox, it will download all of its content, indicated with a blinking blue LED on the Toniebox. Once a Tonie has finished downloading all of its content, the blinking blue light will change to green. The acceleration sensor of the Toniebox must also be turned on in your Toniebox settings in the mytonies app or my.tonies.com.
You can also customize which direction skips and goes back to the last track depending on which side of the Toniebox is tapped. To do this, follow these steps:
- Open the mytonies app and tap the Tonieboxes tab at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap on the picture of the Toniebox that you would like to make changes to.
- Tap on the settings icon in the upper right-hand side of the screen.
- Here you can change which side of the Toniebox skips and goes back. Tap the dropdown arrow to view and change the directions.
- Tap on the option you would like to change to. You can also disable the skipping/going back feature entirely by toggling 'Fast-forward/rewind and taps' to 'Off'.
- Once you are finished making changes, tap the red 'X' button on the bottom of the screen to confirm your changes.
- Now, you will just need to sync the Toniebox with your WiFi to make sure that it receives the news that changes have been made. To do this, turn on the Toniebox and then pinch one of the Tonieboxes ears for about three seconds until you hear a sound and the LED begins flashing blue. The Toniebox LED will flash blue for a few seconds while it updates with the new changes. Once the LED turns solid green, you are ready to go! Any new changes should now be reflected properly.
If you run into any issues skipping and/or going back to the previous track with your Toniebox, send us a message and make sure to include your Toniebox ID.