Whoa, the groundhog. This cute little critter represents a very rare error on the Toniebox. There are two possible situations here:
- If the groundhog has made contact the first time you set up a new Tonie, please try the following:
- Please wait 15 minutes - Usually our helpers in the Tonies engine room are aware of this little critter and are scaring him off in the background :)
- After 15 minutes: Bring the Toniebox within range of a Wi-Fi network it can connect to, start it up and put the 'groundhog' Tonie on the box.
- If your Tonie still says the groundhog code word, please get in touch via email, stating your Toniebox ID and the Tonie that’s stirring up the groundhog. We will try to scare off the little mountain dweller and get in touch with you. You don’t need to take any further action. Resetting the Toniebox will not help in this instance.
- If you encounter this little rodent when setting up your Toniebox, this might have something to do with the Wi-Fi and the router.
- Please unplug your Wi-Fi router (and if necessary, the attached modem), from the power supply for 10 seconds.
- Please bring the Toniebox closer to the router and restart the installation. To do this, open our setup assistant.
- If the groundhog is still living in your network on the second attempt, please get in touch with our customer support team, stating your Toniebox ID and the Wi-Fi router model, so we can get to the bottom of the issue! No need to worry. So far, we’ve got rid of every groundhog! ;)