If you want to connect the Toniebox to a new Wi-Fi without the help of the setup wizard, you have to use a web browser to go to the IP address of your Toniebox. Please note: The following instructions only work via web browser, not with the mytonies app. Here's how it works
- Switch on your Toniebox and make sure that no Tonie is on top.
When the LED shows solid green, squeeze and hold both ears simultaneously until you hear a signal and the LED starts flashing blue ( around 10 seconds).
- Let go of the ears and wait until you hear the signal for the second time. The blue flashing light will turn into pulsing blue (approx. 20 seconds). Your Toniebox is now in connection mode.
- Open the Wi-Fi menu of your smartphone, tablet or computer. You should find the Wi-Fi of your Toniebox there, e.g. 'Toniebox-1234'. Connect your smartphone, tablet or computer to this Wi-Fi. Please note: This Wi-Fi has no connection to the internet, as it is only used to connect the two devices. If you get a warning on your smartphone, tablet or computer, just ignore it and connect to the Wi-Fi anyway.
- When the connection is established, open a web browser on the same device and enter the IP address of the Toniebox 192.168.1.1 in the address bar. Please do not enter any other characters such as www or similar, but only the IP address.
- You should now see a screen with a selection menu. First select the desired language in this menu and confirm the selection with OK (This language setting defines in which language the Toniebox will play an error message or battery warning. It has no influence on the language of a Tonie).
- In the next step, select the desired Wi-Fi and enter the password to save the credentials on the Toniebox. This data is only stored locally on the internal memory of your Toniebox and is not transferred to us.
- Once you have saved the credentials, click on the "Connect Toniebox" button.
As soon as the LED of your Toniebox lights up solid green, the settings have been applied.