Two important things in advance:
- The following instructions only work via a web browser, not with the mytonies app.
- You can only change the language for messages of the Toniebox, e.g. code words, error or warning messages. It is not possible to change the language of a Tonie.
You can change the language of your installed Toniebox to German, French, British or American English. We explain how to do it step by step. Important: Please have your Wi-Fi password ready.
- Switch on your Toniebox and make sure that there’s no Tonie on top
- Press and hold both ears at the same time until you hear a sound signal and the LED starts flashing blue (about 10 seconds).
- Release the ears and wait until you hear the sound signal for the second time and the flashing turns into a pulsing blue (about 20 seconds). Your Toniebox is now in connection mode.
- Open the Wi-Fi menu of your smartphone, tablet or computer. There you should see the Wi-Fi of your Toniebox. Please connect to this Wi-Fi network. Please note: This Wi-Fi does not connect to the internet, as it is only used to connect the two devices. If you see a message on your smartphone, tablet or computer, simply ignore it and connect to the Wi-Fi anyway.
- On the same device, open a web browser and enter the IP address of the Toniebox 192.168.1.1 in the address bar without typing anything before or after it.
- You should now see a Tonie page with a selection menu. Select the desired language and confirm the selection with OK.
- In the next step, enter the access data for your WLAN again and connect the Toniebox to the WLAN.
- As soon as the LED of your Toniebox lights up green, the changes have been applied.
Regardless of the language of your Toniebox, any Tonie can be played on any Toniebox. However, a German Tonie always speaks German and an English Tonie always speaks English.