Going to Grandma and Grandpa's house for the weekend? Not to worry, connecting to a new Wi-Fi network is simple!
If you would like to connect your Toniebox to a new 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network, you can use our connection assistant at my.tonies.com/wifi or the mytonies app. It's important to know that you can connect your Toniebox to up to six different Wi-Fi networks. If you move between places where you have previously connected to Wi-Fi, your Toniebox will automatically switch to that Wi-Fi when it is in range.
How to connect your Toniebox to a different Wi-Fi network:
Using the mytonies app
- Open the mytonies app and tap the icon in the bottom right hand corner titled 'Collection'.
- Tap on the 'Toniebox' header
- Tap on the image of the Toniebox you would like to connect.
- Tap on the WiFi icon on the right-hand side of the screen to start the connection process.
- Pinch either Toniebox ear or place the Toniebox on the charger to turn it on if you have not already done so. Then pinch both ears for about 5 seconds until you hear an audio chime and the LED begins to flash blue. Wait for about 20 seconds until you hear a second audio chime. Then tap 'Continue'.
- Now your Toniebox will attempt to connect to your smartphone. You want to make sure to allow this as it is an important step to complete the WiFi connection process. Note: You may see a slightly different message depending on whether you are using an iPhone or an Android smartphone.
- Now you will see a list of available WiFi networks. Tap the name of the new WiFi network to continue.
- Enter the WiFi password. Once you have entered the correct password, tap 'Continue'.
- Wait while the Toniebox establishes a connection with the WiFi. This process may take a minute or two and you may hear multiple sounds or beeps while the Toniebox connects.
- Once your Toniebox is finished connecting to the WiFi network, you will see a message on your screen letting you know that the Toniebox has been successfully set up with the new WiFi network! The Toniebox LED should also now be solid green.
- Navigate to my.tonies.com/wifi on your smartphone or computer.
- Enter your Toniebox ID. This is the 8 digit ID that can be found on the bottom of your Toniebox. Make sure the Toniebox is not on the charger or you will not be able to see the Toniebox ID. Once you have entered your Toniebox ID, click on 'Great, go ahead'.
- Turn on the Toniebox and pinch both ears for about 5 seconds until you hear an audio chime and the LED begins to flash blue. Wait for about 20 seconds until you hear a second audio chime. Then click on 'Then get started!'.
- Now you will need to connect to your Toniebox. This is done by using a specific Toniebox WiFi network. Please note that this is different than your regular home WiFi network that we will connect to in a future step.
- To connect to the Toniebox WiFi network, bring up the Network list on your device. In most cases, you can do this by clicking on the WiFi icon on the bottom-right of your screen.
- Find the "Toniebox-####" network in the list of Wi-Fi connections. The last 4 numbers of the connection name will be different for every Toniebox. Click on the Toniebox network name and then click 'Connect'.
- Once the connection with your Toniebox is established, open the webpage again and a new button will appear. Click 'Continue' to move forward.
- Now you will connect to the new 2.4GHz WiFi connection. If the WiFi network is not already selected, you can click the dropdown arrow to view all nearby available WiFi connections. Click the name of the WiFi network and then enter the WiFi password. Once you have entered the correct password, click 'Connect Toniebox'.
- Please wait while the Toniebox establishes a connection with the Wi-Fi.
- Once the connection is successfully established, you will see a message on screen informing you that the connection with the new Wi-Fi was successful!
If you run into any trouble getting connected to a new Wi-Fi, send us a message including your Toniebox ID and we will take a look!